Everywhere in the world, we see mistranslated signs. On Fridays, we share a few that made us laugh out loud.
- Hotel, Vienna: “In case of fire, do your utmost to alarm the hotel porter.”
- Airline ticket office, Copenhagen: “We take your bags and send them in all directions.”
- Zoo, Budapest: “Please do not feed the animals. If you have any suitable food, give it to the guard on duty.”
- Hotel lobby, Bucharest: “The lift is being fixed for the next day. During that time we regret that you will be unbearable.”
- Cemetery, Italy: “Persons are prohibited from picking flowers from any but their own graves.”
If you are ever lost in translation and need some help, please contact us at email@example.com.